CIBC Credit Card Activation Guide
CIBC Credit Card Activation is the very task, you need to perform after receiving it from the bank.
CIBC or the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is a Canadian multinational banking and financial services corporation based in Toronto, Ontario.
With more than 700 local branches, it is one of the largest banks in Canada.
The bank offers personal and business banking, student loans, home equity products, and more.
CIBC credit cards help customers to earn great discounts, perks and many additional features to enjoy.
CIBC Card Activation lets you enjoy all these features.
By reading this post, you will be able to activate the card within a few minutes. Just read the whole post carefully.
Benefits of activating your CIBC Credit Card
After Activating your card, you can enjoy the following features –
- Make automatic bill payments using the autopay feature.
- Access to card customer service 24/7 to solve your doubts.
- Virtual card numbers for online safety.
- No yearly fees are levied on the cards while giving a good APR.
- If your card is lost or stolen, you will not be responsible for illegal charges.
CIBC Credit Card Activation Requirements
- CIBC card account number
- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- 3-digit security code from the back of your credit card
- A valid email address
Steps to Activate CIBC Credit Card Online
- Go to Bank’s official website @ www.cibc.com on your device.
- Click on the “Register for online banking”.
- Now, you will be taken to the new page where you will be asked to provide the card information.
- Enter the 16-digit number located on your credit card.
- Also, enter the expiry date and other useful details.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your CIBC Credit Card.
Activate CIBC Credit Card by Phone
Activate your card by phone in two steps:
- Call the number on the back of your card or 1-800-465-4653.
- Once connected, ask them for the card activation
- Provide the required credit card and personal information, including your card and Social Security number.
This process is straightforward and should not take too much of your time and you will have your card activated.
Hopefully, this information will be good enough for you to activate your CIBC Credit Card online or by phone.
If you want to give your feedback or have any queries or questions, please write us below.
For more information visit https://customersurvey.onl/.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I lost my debit card CIBC?
You can contact a nearby CIBC branch, call 1-800-663-4575. Opens your phone app. (in Canada and the US) or 1-514-861-9898. (elsewhere).
How do I replace my CIBC card?
To request a replacement card with a new expiry date, visit any CIBC Banking Centre or call CIBC Telephone Banking.
How do I check my CIBC app balance?
Simply sign on to CIBC Online Banking® from your computer and change your settings.
After that, you can view eStatements for your credit cards and bank accounts online or on your mobile device.
Why is my CIBC debit card declined?
If the transaction is declined, it may be because the retailer is not yet accepting Visa Debit.